City offices and TATS will be closed Friday, July3, 2015 in celebration of Independence Day.
There will be no garbage pick-up Thursday night/Friday morning. It will be picked up the following regularly scheduled pick up.
THE LAMAR AQUATIC PARK WILL BE OPEN JULY 4th FROM 12:00 NOON TO 4:00 PM
Published: 28 August 2013
With the number of security breaches recently, such as the one at Anthem, the police department has been receiving a higher-then-usual number of identity theft complaints. The information herein can help you resolve a security breach, no matter the company or source. It is an effort to assist you to know what kinds of contacts you will need to make. Resolving the issue and protecting your identity is more like a marathon than a sprint. Be prepared to be on the telephone for some time.
If your social security number has been compromised (stolen):
- File a police report. You will be given a unique case number identifying your case . You will need this number during your calls. The report may not be done immediatley when you make a report, but you will have the number, so you can access the report once it is completed. When you make the report, make sure you have and included all the information you have available concerning the incident, so the report is as complete as possible.
- File a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Search the web or the phone book under Government, U.S. for "Federal Trade Commission." You will be prompted to "Identity Theft" as an option for reporting procedures.
- Contact one of the Credit Bureaus. Place a fraud alert on your account. The one you contact is supposed to contact the others.
- Close any financial accounts that have been opened without your permission. This includes, but is not limited to, bank accounts, mortgages, credit cards, insurance accounts, tax accounts or returns, or in general, anythign you find with your name on it that you didn't authorize. If your personal banking accounts have been compromised, speak to your banker and reopen those accounts with new ones. It may take some time and effort if you have direct deposits or automatic wihtdrawals for payments, but it is necessary.
- Respond IMMEDIATLEY to any IRS notice, and respond according to the instructions given. This is the one that seems to take the longest over the telephone. There is no telling how many of this type call their are receiving, so be presistent, patient,, and wait it out.
- Complete IRS form #14039, an "Identity Theft Affidavit."
- Continue to file your tax return, even if you have been notified that someone else has filed one in your name already. You are responsible for filing your correct return on time according to the law. If you should receive a wrong refund due to the fraudulent filing of a return in your name, notify the IRS and don't accept the money. Don't cash a check or spend a direct deposit. That moeny is part of the crime and you don't want to be associated with it in any way.
We hope this information is helpful if you are the victim of identity theft. You are not alone. There may be other steps you are advised to take by the institutions you contact. Follow their instructions and trust that eventually it all works out to protect and restore your good name.
Published: 24 March 2015
The City of Lamar Street Department will begin spraying for mosquitoes on Thursday evenings at 10:00 pm. beginning June 4th and continuing throughout the summer. Alternate days will be Friday if weather prevents spraying on Thursdays.
Category: Lamar City News
Published: 04 June 2015
City of Lamar
We at the Police Department want you and your children to enjoy the 4th of July holiday in as safe a manner as possible. There are severalregulations concerning the discharge of fireworks thatÂ were put in place for our safety. The following is a recap of the rules that cover fireworks discharge INSIDE the city limits of Lamar.
- Even though fireworks can be sold prior to July 1st the only time they are legal to discharge in the city limits is on July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th.Â
- Hours for discharge are from 12 Noon until 11PM on the days listed above.Â
- You can only legally discharge those fireworks that are marked UNO336, 1.4G. *This is the renamed classification for Class C or common fireworks.
- Fireworks can only be discharged on private property. There is no legal discharge of the fireworks on the public square, on public streets, from public buildings, other public properties, from motor vehicles, or in the City Parks.
- Â Fireworks cannot be shot within 300ft. of a hospital or any licensed nursing home or boarding house. This would include both Truman Healthcare and Bristol Manor.
- Â Bottle rockets, although then can be purchased and sold at the local stands, CANNOT be shot within the city limits.
- Â Remember if your minor son or daughter is caught violating there regulations and you know what they are doing, you can be summonsed into court for a violation of this ordinance.
Â The 4th of July is supposed to be a time of celebration. Keep an eye on your children and help them enjoy the festivities of the year. Keep a water hose handy and never hold fireworks in your hand while discharging them, itâ€™s much too dangerous.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Sec. 8-54. - Discharge of fireworks.
It shall be unlawful for any person within the city limits to fire, set off, use, burn, explode or discharge any firecracker, torpedo, bomb, rocket, pinwheel, fire balloon, roman candle, toy cannon, aerial salute or any other fireworks except on July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of each year between the hours of 12:00 noon and 11:00 p.m. and limited to fireworks labeled as Class C, approved by the Interstate Commerce Commission; provided, however that the permissive use of fireworks described herein shall not include their use on any public street, alley, public square, city parks or any other public building or property; provided, however that this section shall not apply to any firework displays in parks or other public places by any person who is issued a permit by the board of aldermen when it is satisfied that the public safety will not be endangered by such display, and provided that such fireworks shall not be discharged within 300 feet of any hospital or any licensed nursing or boarding home.
It shall be unlawful for any natural parent, legal guardian or other person having any minor under the age of 17 years, under his legal or actual control to knowingly allow such minor to set off or discharge fireworks in violation of the provisions of this section.
(Code 1971, Â§ 8-47; Ord. No. 1202, Â§ 1, 7-19-76)
State law referenceâ€”Â Authority of city to regulate the discharge of fireworks, RSMo 79.450(2).
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Sec. 8-55. - Bottle rockets.
It shall be unlawful for any person to ignite or discharge fireworks commonly known as bottle rockets within the city.
(Ord. No. 1414, Â§ 1, 9-24-90)
Category: Police Department
Published: 13 June 2015